THE REVOLUTIONARY QUALITY CONTROL SYSTEM BASED ON ARTIFICIAL VISION
Based on latest technologies of treatment of images, parallel computing and distributed computing, this defect detection system has a principal innovation: the development of a completely automated system for solving the problem of detection and marking defects in paint surfaces. With the use of artificial vision quality control processes are carried out regularly and systematically.
THE GREAT TECHNOLOGICAL DEVELOPMENTS FOR THE AUTOMOTIVE INDUSTRY
– Objective reach: 100% inspection of all the vehicles manufactured. – 100% efficiency, 100% of the defects are detected.
– Absolute reliability: elimination of false positives.
– We can detect milimetric defects of 0.2 mm diameter or greater.
– Employees can concentrate on remedying critical defects and not on identifying them.
– Detection of defects immediately after the painting booth, when they can still be easily reworked. – Cutting costs by reducing defects.
– Reducing the number of rework lines.
– Detection rate that is independent of color or model of vehicle.
– Not dependent on the robot type.
– Processing time of less than 10sec.
– The reduction in the material and energy consumption implies a reduction of overall costs.
It improves work conditions because it avoids workers from dangerous conditions (ocular fatigue).
Quality Employment Promotion: additional people will be required on quality-control lines, the productivity achieved will generate additional jobs as well and internal mobility will solve new skill requirements.
Environment: this system may improve production process, reducing energy consumption and paint expenditure.
Consumer protection & quality of life: improvement of final products and the satisfaction of the customer’s demands.